- At Quainton School, safeguarding and child protection is paramount and we are fully committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children.
We believe that all pupils have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; our staff are fully trained and are confident about applying the processes to prevent and reduce any such problems.We aim to ensure:
- All our pupils are safe and protected from harm.
- Other elements of provision and policies are in place to enable pupils to feel safe and adopt safe practices.
- Staff, pupils, governors, visitors, volunteers and parents are aware of the expected behaviours’ and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils.
- We comply with the statutory expectations of 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' (latest edition- see below).
- We also understand our responsibilities under PREVENT duty.
We work very closely with the Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board, who strive to offer families with the support they require. They will work with us in an integrated way to improve outcomes for our children and their families.Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm – safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment – and that we all feel safe in our environment. If you wish to raise a concern, click on the above link and select the 'report a concern' button.
For further information you can contact the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - James Vernon (01296 655242)
“Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility” – Children’s Act 2004