Coronavirus Advice and Information
Coronavirus parent mails
|Corona risk assessment October 2020.pdf||Download|
|EYFS RISK ASSESSMENT.doc||Download|
|Home Learning Resources.docx||Download|
|Key workers 20032020.docx||Download|
|Key workers 21032020.docx||Download|
|Keyworkers re-opening risk assessment may 2020.doc||Download|
|Parent letter re. June 2nd.docx||Download|
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environments.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Coronavirus School Closure Procedure
Our school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- on instruction from the Department for Education.
- on advice, if there is a confirmed case within our school community.
Steps taken to decide on whether to close the school will be as follows:
- The Headteacher will liaise with the Local Authority and Chair of Governors and a joint decision will be made whether the school should be open or not should it not be under instruction from central government.
The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and communicated to parents via Parentmail & the school website and our facebook as soon as the decision is made. It will be communicated by 3pm each day regarding the following day unless a set period has been given, for example, seven days.
In the event of school closure plans have been put in place for your children's continued education. Children will be required to complete a topic based project of their choice. Reading, English and mathematics activities will be added to the school website. Most of all I would encourage children to read, read and keep on reading!
Year 6 will be provided with revision packs for the the upcomind SATs.